[buildd-tools-devel] [GIT] sbuild branch master updated. debian/sbuild-0.65.2-1-22-g6d705b3

Aurelien Jarno aurelien at aurel32.net
Sun Sep 6 17:59:07 UTC 2015

On 2015-08-31 12:05, Johannes Schauer wrote:
> Hi,

Hi,

> I just pushed 14 commits to the sbuild master branch, fixing 13 bugs in
> unstable.

Thanks for working on that.

> I saw that it does not seem to be customary to update debian/changelog along
> with any commit that warrants mentioning there. To keep track of the bugs that
> were closed, I mentioned them in my commit messages.

I don't know if it is a good idea or not. I think it's done to ease
cherry-picking patches between branches.

> Please comment in the respective bugs if you find my solution to be
> unsatisfactory (maybe CC me directly just to make sure).
>
> Please reply here for general comments about contributing to sbuild. As this is
> my first push, I might've made some mistakes.

I just gave a quick look to all the patches. I haven't looked at them in
details, but I have rather looked at what they are doing. I think they
are fine overall, but I have a few comments:

- d720bb7a: add --build-path option: The default fstab in sbuild and
  buildd mode, /build is actually from /var/lib/sbuild/build and it is
  customary to mount a big partition there as build space. I don't know
  how we should handle that with --build-path, maybe at least emit a
  warning when this option is used while /build is mounted by the
  schroot fstab?

  For the official debian build daemons, we don't use a separate
  partition (we have a fstab different from the default one) so that
  should not be a problem.

- About the various cross-build commits, have you tested the
  --arch-all-only option in the non-cross-build mode? I had difficulties
  to get it implemented, as the various options I tried earlier
  triggered the cross-build code.

I think we should backport 7780b28a asap to the buildd-0.65 branch (the
one we use on the build daemons), but I would prefer to wait for more
tests before backporting the cross-build commits.

Aurelien

aurelien at aurel32.net                 http://www.aurel32.net