[Calendarserver-maintainers] Status of the Debian packages of Apple calendar server

Noèl Köthe noel at debian.org
Fri Aug 10 18:55:05 UTC 2007

Hello,

just sumarizing the status of the Debian packages of the calendar server
and the next steps and some general information.

I changed the project homepage
http://calendarserver.alioth.debian.org/

The dependencies of the main package "calendarserver" which are not in
Debian (sid) are:

python-kerberos (optional)
needs to be checked to get working. Not needed right now.

python-plistlib
the needed file will be added with the next python upload #435826

python-pydirector (optional)
this is for loadbalancing. We dont need it right now.

python-pydoctor
this is uploaded to sid and is waiting in NEW right now.

twisted-calendarserver
this is the biggest part. We need to check what are the
patches/differences for python-twisted with the acl branch and what are
the possible ways to get the needed files into Debian.
a) new package
b) get patches into twisted-web2

With the packages from http://calendarserver.alioth.debian.org/packages/
(i386 package will be added soon) we have a runing calendarserver.

--
Noèl Köthe <noel debian.org>
Debian GNU/Linux, www.debian.org