[Debian-zh-dev] New SCIM packages (experimental) ready

Save.Tchai chaisave@263.net
Thu, 5 Aug 2004 19:43:05 +0800

On Thu, Aug 05, 2004 at 12:19:50AM +1200 or thereabouts, Carlos Liu wrote:
> Using "scim -d" with XIM protocol, I can input chinese in the newest gaim.
> Did you set the GTK_IM_MODULE to xim before you start gaim?
Yes, I did set it to `xim' in .xinitrc.

> BTW, have you tried scim's gtk immodule in mozilla(galeon/epiphany)? Is
> the char-select-panel still at the upper-left corner of the app window?
Yes, I've tried. The char-select-panel (I prefer to call it
candidate-char-panel, 8)) does not stay at the upper-left corner of the
app window when I input Chinese characters. Indeed, I haven't met such
a condition as you decribed. I'm using Firefox 0.8 and Mozilla 1.6.

Stealing part of your mail as a template :P, my settings shown below:

 I'm using GNOME 2.6 from unstable.
 I'm using smart pinyin.
 I deleted the old ~/.scim before I try this new version.

 my environment setting:
 LANG=en_US
 LC_CTYPE=zh_CN.GBK
 export GTK_IM_MODULE=xim