[Debian-zh-dev] Installer translation update

Ming Hua minghua@rice.edu
Mon, 28 Jun 2004 15:29:13 -0500

On Mon, Jun 14, 2004 at 09:13:12PM +1200, Carlos Liu wrote:
> I think you should let scim depend on or recommend "ttf-arphic-gbsn00lp |
> ttf-arphic-gkai00mp". Fcitx already add the dependency, because we must
> have these fonts to show the input string.
>
> Since SCIM could use as input platform in many language, it's also
> reasonable to recommend some Korean or Japanese fonts.

I am preparing for 0.99.1 packages, and I am thinking about this issue.
I don't want to have a Depends because not everybody use SCIM are using
Chinese, especially we are having scim-uim and scim-m17n now.  However
apt-get won't automatically pull Recommends by default, so a Recommends
may not help much.

This is filed as bug #300833 in Alioth (I didn't use official BTS
because I can't upload packages as I please, so the version infomation,
dependency, etc. would either be wrong or look strange in BTS), comments
are welcome.

Ming
2004.06.28

Wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand.  The ordinary telegraph
is like a very long cat.  You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in
Los Angeles.  The wireless is the same, only without the cat.
                                                       --- Albert Einstein