[Debian-zh-dev] SCIM, Smart Pinyin IM, how to have pinyin words remaining displayed?

Ming Hua minghua@rice.edu
Fri, 10 Sep 2004 16:41:47 -0500

On Thu, Sep 09, 2004 at 04:50:36PM +0800, Sebastian wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 05, 2004 at 08:25:36PM -0500, Ming Hua wrote:
>
> > > How to have the pinyin remain in the input window while the character has
> > > not yet been acknowledged?
>
> > I suppose you are using the Smart Pinyin in scim-chinese, in that case
> > you probably need to turn on IMEngine -> Smart Pinyin -> Input tab ->
> > Show all keys.
>
> Thank you, that worked fine. I tried the option earlier but must have
> forgotten to restart the scim daemon. :-/

Hmm, are you still using scim 0.9.7 in unstable?  The new versions
(1.0-pre) can auto load the settings.  Check them out at
    http://chinese.alioth.debian.org/scim/
(the infomation is a bit outdated, but the repository is correct and
kept updated)

> How do you start the scim in daemon mode whenever X11 starts? I tried to put
> it into the .xinitrc as I have done with ChInput, but it does not seem to
> work.

Hmm, I don't do that myself, so I'm not sure.  I've heard about using
~/.xinitrc, but I doubt that's the right place.  KDE has a place (and
UI) to add your own start-up programs, but I don't use KDE.  I'm not
sure if other WM has similar features.

Anyone else use auto start and can shed some light on this?

Ming
2004.09.10

Physics is much too hard for physicists.                 --- David Hilbert