chrpath 0.16 changes for Solaris support

Rainer Orth ro at CeBiTec.Uni-Bielefeld.DE
Mon Jan 20 12:36:59 UTC 2014

Petter Reinholdtsen <pere at hungry.com> writes:

> Thank you.  I've applied this patch, after testing it on Debian
> Wheezy.  Seem to work just fine. :) It should be included in the next
> release.

Excellent, thanks.

>> Running make install, I noticed that a couple of files get installed
>> into $prefix/doc/chrpath-0.16.  Again, this seems to be a Linuxism;
>> the contents of that directory is pretty much useless to almost
>> everyone but developers.  Maybe you could add a way to make this
>> optional?
>
> It is not really a Linuxism, it is just me believing in installing the
> documentation and other package details in the 'make install' target.

I see, I hadn't seen it anywhere else before, though.

> If you do not like this, you can redirect it to some other location
> using 'make docdir=/some/where install'

That's what I ended up doing.  Btw., shouldn't docdir be
${datarootdir}/doc/${PACKAGE}-$(VERSION), i.e. end up below
$(prefix)/share/doc in line with the GNU Coding Standards?

	Rainer