[cut-team] Where do we go from here?

Raphael Hertzog hertzog at debian.org
Thu Oct 7 06:51:24 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Thu, 07 Oct 2010, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 06, 2010 at 08:45:27PM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> > But I'm also not convinced now is the best time to start with CUT.
>
> Can you please elaborate?  Joey has already provided arguments on why a
> freeze is actually a good moment to start with CUT, and they sounded
> convincing to me. Considering that the freeze won't last forever
> (luckily!) this seems indeed to be the best time…

Well, despite the good attendance at the bof and the principle that is
most welcomed by many users, I think we still have to build momentum
within Debian (otherwise we would have the required volunteers already,
no?). And this probably implies getting buy-in from some members of the
release team that are busy with Squeeze.

I'd love to be proven wrong... can you find volunteers to help on the
snapshot side?

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer ◈ [Flattr=20693]

                      ▶ http://RaphaelHertzog.fr (Français)