[cut-team] lightweight rolling alternative

Joey Hess joeyh at debian.org
Fri Sep 10 18:55:55 UTC 2010

Abhishek Dasgupta wrote:
> Would this mesh in well with a monthly cut release? If there's a monthly
> cut, then it also means that people have to upgrade each month.
>
> People would also have to look at cut-backports to make sure that the
> packages work with the current cut (or perhaps they will be auto-built,
> as soon as a new cut comes out, which would solve the problem I suppose)

The cut-extras repos would be versioned like the cut suites, so we're make a
new repo each time, and copy over any packages that still need to be in
cut-extras. Possibly updating them as we go. And we'd make sure that upgrade
from the previous cut+cut-extras to the current cut+cut-extras works.

--
see shy jo