[cut-team] CUT Implemented in 8 Lines of Shell

Colin Watson cjwatson at debian.org
Tue Sep 14 14:29:04 UTC 2010

On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 10:01:41AM -0400, Michael Gilbert wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 09:46:23 +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> > How are you going to provide btrfs support in your stable installer?
>
> Like I've said before, my interest is in providing something for users
> that wants a system that "just works".  This kind of user doesn't know
> what btrfs is, and would be confused if it were even mentioned.
>
> Users that like new/experimental features can always attempt an install
> with the in-development testing d-i.  My approach makes no effort to
> address prevent them from doing that.

... or an installer that works at all on their hardware which was
released after the last Debian stable release and needed kernel changes
to enable it.  Do be a little careful of how you present this, as it may
confuse users otherwise.

--
Colin Watson                                       [cjwatson at debian.org]