[cut-team] Using the CUT ftp server

Raphael Hertzog hertzog at debian.org
Sun Feb 20 12:53:38 UTC 2011

On Sat, 19 Feb 2011, Michael Gilbert wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Feb 2011 13:20:30 -0500 Michael Gilbert wrote:
> > OK, so since this is still on alioth, and the alioth admins have
> > requested disk cleanup, what should I do?  I can just move the files
> > there, but that doesn't really solve their disk space issue.  It just
> > eliminates my user account as a specific culprit.
>
> I'm going to go ahead and move the files over to the CUT ftp drop;
> however, it looks like anonymous writes are disallowed.  I don't know
> if a login with my alioth credentials will change that, but then again
> I'm also not willing to send them over cleartext.  Is there a location
> on alioth that I can scp the files to that corresponds to the ftp
> directory?

Honestly, I don't want to see your experiment endorsed as something
officially done under the CUT umbrella.

Your point of views are at odds with what many people think/want here.

(And you can't do it anyway, you are not part of the CUT project on
alioth.debian.org... don't you know how a forge works?)

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

                      ▶ http://RaphaelHertzog.fr (Français)