[cut-team] Draft announcement for CUT 2011.03 release candidate 1

Martin Zobel-Helas zobel at ftbfs.de
Mon Feb 28 15:37:38 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Mon Feb 28, 2011 at 09:58:59 -0500, Michael Gilbert wrote:
> I'd be very happy to receive feedback and coordination from the
> publicity team, but I've never seen that as a prerequisite for a
> posting to -devel before.

If we are talking about
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/cut-team/2011-February/000235.html
I understood it as this draft should be posted to d-devel-announce.
Given of the impact the content might bring (some press reads d-d-a) i
can understand that Tolimar asks for coordination with the press team.

The last "Bits from the Publicity Team" had an interesting paragraph
about that:

| You are about to write an email to debian-devel-announce? Consider
| whether the topic is important enough to be covered both with a press
| announce for the wider audience, and with a separate mail to d-d-a
| containing informations for Debian's contributors (see for example the
| recent backports.debian.org example). If yes, get in touch with us
| before sending your mail out.

Source: http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2010/09/msg00004.html

But maybe this is all just a big miss-understanding, and we get one's
wires crossed.

Cheers,
Martin
--
 Martin Zobel-Helas <zobel at debian.org>  | Debian System Administrator
 Debian & GNU/Linux Developer           |           Debian Listmaster