[cut-team] Article about CUT

Adnan Hodzic adnan at foolcontrol.org
Thu Mar 17 11:25:49 UTC 2011

Hey Michael,

> You may want to review some of the recent discussion on this list from
> February to understand the decisions for this naming.  Currently CUT is
> many things to many people (see Raphael Herzog's article on LWN for one
> particular perspective). To avoid unintentionally focusing the "CUT"
> meme into one specific thing, it was decided to not call snapshot
> releases by that name.  Keep in mind also that these are an
> unofficial/development thing right now.

Yes, I have read Raphael's article, and am treating it as
unofficial/development thing.

> It's good to hear that this release worked well for you.  I am somewhat
> surprised that your sources have squeeze instead of wheezy.  I will
> need to look into that.

Now that I look at it, everywhere I look it's still being called Squeeze.

lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID:	Debian
Release:	6.0
Codename:	squeeze

cat /etc/debian_version
6.0

> These releases are a very static approach; there will be zero updates
> over the course of the month (except for DTSA's uploaded to
> testing-security).
>
> As I mentioned in the announcement, for those that want to stay up to
> date, the snapshot releases will be useful as a constantly working
> installer, which can then be upgraded to testing propper.

Perfectly clear, just wanted to make sure.

Thanks,

Adnan