[D-community-discuss] current status / plan update

Holger Levsen debian at layer-acht.org
Tue Mar 6 17:59:26 CET 2007

Hi Chris,

On Monday 05 March 2007 17:07, Chris Lale wrote:
> The slides give a good rationale for Debian-community ie

Thanks :)

> You can add ideas from previous posts:
>  * help aimed at newbies - perhaps a list or a forum

I think we should promote the existing lists and forums, if they exist, and
create new ones only, if they dont and for specific topics.

[...]

> I am not sure that individual wiki pages are the best way to do this.
> You probably need to maintain this information centrally.

Well, my idea is to spread the load: instead that some centralized people have
the workload to follow how individuals contribute, the individuals do it
themselves (if they want to be on d-c.orgs planets or have a d-c.org email
address - if they dont want that, they dont need to maintain their wiki
page :)

> > 3. If you have contributed more, you can get an email address.
> I don't quite see the advantage of this.

No problem :) Some people would like a "fancy" @debian-community.org email
address, some don't. Thats fine. The idea is to give email addresses
as "rewards" for those who want one.

regards,
	Holger