[D-community-discuss] current status / plan update

Holger Levsen debian at layer-acht.org
Wed Mar 7 12:12:28 CET 2007

Hi,

On Wednesday 07 March 2007 12:04, Chris Lale wrote:
> Yes, I could create a mailing list. I think that it would be better to
> wait until there is a core of people willing to monitor it and provide
> guidance. At present, this function is served by the "Questions" section
> on NewbieDOC. There is not much traffic.

I see. Is this function visible on the webpage?

> Using this as a model, perhaps a D-c forum that includes a newbie
> section would be the way forward?

Have you looked at the http://forums.debian.net ? It has >9000 users already.
On the d-c.org site there are also links to a german (>18000 users) and a
portuguese (>1000 users) forums.

I'd prefer to point users to those forums, rather then to setup our own. If
they dont have a newbie-forum, then I suggest to add one there :)

regards,
	Holger