design / ikiwiki (was Re: [D-community-discuss] HTML/CSS mockup of D-C.org site)

Andrew Donnellan ajdlinux at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 21:21:43 CET 2007

On 3/12/07, Holger Levsen <debian at layer-acht.org> wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> On Thursday 08 March 2007 21:31, Andrew Donnellan wrote:
> > Here it is, only modifications are that the logo is smaller and the
> > logo's dimensions are now in the CSS file.
>
> Thanks! :)
>
> I've put this up on http://debian-community.org now and also updated some
> other bits of information there. (I haven't updated the page much, I rather
> want to do this when the final CMS is up and running.)

Yay! :)

> Some remarks:
> - the infobox is not top-centered (see email.html for example)

Yeah, I just realised that if the content is shorter than the sidebar
it goes like that, it's just a matter of adding vertical-align: top;
to the relevant CSS elements.

> - the xhtml-button is ugly :) I definitly prefer the ones like on
> http://layer-acht.org (that design is also ugly, btw ;)

That's not really hard to modify :) As you probably know that's just
the standard W3C XHTML compliance button.

> - while I really do like the cleaness of this design, I wish it would be a
> bit
> more fancy and soft, kinda like Valessios third proposal or the design on
> http://sam2007.zoy.org/
> - but don't put more work into this CSS, rather wait until we setup ikiwiki.

Yeah, the fancyness part can come afterwards. Although just adding a
few gradients using CSS should be enough, nothing too difficult.

> Which brings me to the "decide on the CMS to be used" topic :) And, as you
> might have guessed from the subject (and previous mails) I want to go
> forward
> with ikiwiki. I have seen no blocking reasons not to use it, and quite some
> reasons to go for it :) Please tell me (again), if you think thats stupid :)

I'd say go ahead with ikiwiki! I did see what you put on the page footer :)

When it's all set up I'll do a bit more work on it. For now I'll be
catching up on all that other, supposedly more important, work that I
avoided doing over the weekend :)

--
Andrew Donnellan
ajdlinuxATgmailDOTcom (primary)    ajdlinuxATexemailDOTcomDOTau (secure)