[D-community-discuss] current status / plan update

Sven Arvidsson sa at whiz.se
Wed Mar 14 16:26:57 CET 2007

> Isn't it possible to have a forum which you can read/post to using
> e-mail? I don't mean gmane/google-groups/..., but a real forum, with
> all the fancy smileys and stuff.

That does sound like good idea. I think Ubuntu does something like that.

I found an add-on for phpbb called Mail2Forum which provides a gateway
between forums and mailing lists. I have no idea how well it works in
practise, but maybe it can be evaluated and put to use for some of the
forums of http://forums.debian.net/ ?

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson