[D-community-discuss] recent d-devel thread--getting folks involved with bugs

Sven Arvidsson sa at whiz.se
Wed Mar 14 16:37:48 CET 2007

On Wed, 2007-03-07 at 04:01 +0000, kevin.marka wrote:
> With all the talk about 'asking for help and not getting it', I saw a
> post on ubuntu about this wiki page[0]. This is something like what I
> can see being a good way to get d-c.org members involved with helping
> DD's and Debian. If some DD's see d-c.org community members helping them
> in an organized effort, then it may help create a positive association
> with d-c.org and get a more positive association with the debian
> community at large.

Agreed,

From personal experience I can say that this is something both
maintainers and users (bug reporters) very much appreciate.

Once the wiki is up and running I would be glad to try and help getting
something like the Ubuntu or GNOME Bugsquad[0] bug days organised.

Both the teams for KDE[1] and GNOME[2] in Debian have some guidelines
for bug triage, but I think we can improve on those, and write some more
general guidelines.

0. http://live.gnome.org/Bugsquad
1. http://pkg-kde.alioth.debian.org/bugs.html
2. http://wiki.debian.org/GNOME/Love