[D-community-discuss] knowledge base structure

Chris Lale chrislale at untrammelled.co.uk
Thu Mar 22 09:17:41 CET 2007

Hello Holger.

Holger Levsen wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> On Wednesday 21 March 2007 15:18, Chris Lale wrote:
>> I have moved this out of the way to
>> http://newbiedoc.berlios.de/wiki/Help:Sandbox/D-c
>> to empty the sandbox.
>
> Heh.
>
> Last week I looked at newbiedoc.berlios.de to see if this is usable for
> someone who is really new to Debian (and linux) and found it wasnt really, if
> you open the page, there is lots of meta information, how to contribute to
> newbiedoc, etc, but it's quite hard to find the actual informations newbies
> are interested in :-(
>
> So my question is: do you think you could move it further to the frontpage, to
> make the beginning easier for newbies *now*?

The knowledgebase and atomic nodes ideas are only concepts so far. AFAIK, no
development has started yet, and I don't think there has been any feedback. I've
moved the page so that the sandbox is empty for real users. (It is normal to
clean up the sandbox regularly.)

As regards the NewbieDOC home page, this is constantly evolving and may have
changed since your last visit. If you would like to have a go at improving it,
you could create a new sub page at
http://newbiedoc.berlios.de/wiki/Debian_newbie_documentation/holger

--
Chris.