[D-community-discuss] planets

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Sat Sep 22 16:02:15 UTC 2007

Hi,

http://planet.debian-community.org
http://planet.en.debian-community.org
http://planet.de.debian-community.org

now all work and result in meaningful pages :) Adding planets for other
languages is also real easy. (If you were watching (alioth-)commit logs, you
should be able to see+do it yourself, otherwise just ask :)

Now we only need to fix that stylesheet (look at the english planet...), write
down the rules of being on planet and get feeds added. Actually I would like
to do this in no particular order, as rule #1 is established and written
down: "be nice".

(more on this rule part at another time, I have some new/more polished ideas
on that, as you might be able to see in
http://layer-acht.org/slides/20070908-debian-community.org.pdf but for today
my time slot for debian-community should be long closed :)

Ok, it's short: basically it boils down to: anybody can enter themself to a
planet, because we assume they want to do this to contribute to the
community. Plain and simple. And getting kicked from planet is step 3 in a 4
step escalation (to deal with trolls and other idiots): step one: friendly
mail. step two: unfriendly mail. step three: kicked from planet. step four:
loose debian-community.org email address. (obviously this needs some more
definitions, like who send these mails, etc., but as said, my time window for
d-c.org is gone...)

regards,
	Holger