[D-community-discuss] what about a unofficial public community repo? (was: Re: qmail and related packages in NEW)

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Sat Nov 29 01:19:28 UTC 2008

Hi,

On Saturday 29 November 2008 01:57, William Pitcock wrote:
> What I propose is something more along the lines of Gentoo's "sunrise"
> overlay... a repository that anyone can get upload access to provided
> that they understand basic Debian policy and have established that they
> will be non-malicious (likely through some sort of indirect uploading
> for a few months). Basically a true *community* repo.

just seen on #debian-community

<h01ger> hmmm
<h01ger> "community-repo" makes me think we should setup somethink like
ubuntus PPA on debian-community.org
<h01ger> interesting idea
* h01ger scratches head

regards,
	Holger

Disclaimer: I have absolutly not the ressources to do this or help much with
doing it. But I probably like to see this very much... /me needs sleep.

BTW, d-c.org finally (since a bit of time) provides email and jabber accounts
for Debian contributors!