[D-community-discuss] Newbie mailing list spam

Chris Lale chrislale at untrammelled.co.uk
Fri Feb 6 15:54:04 UTC 2009

Hello.

There have been 3 inappropriate postings to the newbie mailing list[1].

I have reconfigured the sender filters so that non-member postings are held
until moderated. My email address is in the list of moderators. Hopefully that
will avoid a recurrence.

Is it possible to remove the three messages from the archive? It seems that the
way to do it is to edit the list's mbox file (found in
archives/private/LISTNAME.mbox/LISTNAME.mbox or something similar).

[1]
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/d-community-newbie/2009-February/thread.html#3

Regards,
--