[D-community-offtopic] A Debian -offtopic mailing list: to be or not to be

Jochen Schulz ml at well-adjusted.de
Tue Mar 1 13:57:54 UTC 2011

Memnon Anon:
> Brad Rogers <brad at fineby.me.uk> writes:
>
>>> This list doesn't hurt anyone and can be useful.
>>
>> Whilst undoubtedly true, it does involve taking time to administer the
>> list.  If Andrei feels that time could be better spent on other tasks,
>> then so be it.
>
> Thats an interesting point.
>
> Andrei: How much time is there actually involved in keeping the list
> running?

IMO, it's not only about maintenance effort. Every mailing list is
offered by Debian hoping that it provides a valuable *service*. A
mailing list that nobody actually uses is a bad service, in my opinion.

But then again, it's not that anybody wastes hours trying to get
valuable information from on offtopic list.

J.
--
A passionate argument means more to me than a blockbuster movie.
[Agree]   [Disagree]