[D-community-offtopic] A Little Cacophony of Sounds [Long-ish]

godo goran at dobosevic.com
Fri Mar 4 21:51:27 UTC 2011

On 2011-03-04 21:19, Freeman wrote:
> (Possibly an exaggeration.)
>
> However I have never had a laptop make sounds I didn't understand.  And, if
> the harddrive began making extra noises, I knew to devote all remaining
> session time to updating backups.
>
> But my Inspiron 1721 makes weird noises.
>
> 1. Mystery Beep

Does it sound like bios beep?

Maybe have some power problems.

Can you check are cables and connectors inside laptop loose?
I'm notice that sometimes just a gentle push without hearing any click
or feel it can fix things.

Is it power adapter functional? Can you measure power with multimeter
and twist around jack that entering in laptop?
--
Bye,
Goran Dobosevic