[D-community-offtopic] [LAU] [Fwd: Re: **** your sexism]

Chris Bannister cbannister at slingshot.co.nz
Tue Feb 12 18:25:08 UTC 2013

On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 02:54:00PM +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> Isn't it possible to continue this at an off-topic mailing list?
>
> "Pornography (often abbreviated as "porn" in informal usage) is the
> explicit portrayal of sexual subject matter for the purpose of sexual
> gratification." - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pornography

Rather simplistic, instead start here:
http://scholar.google.co.nz/scholar?hl=en&oe=ASCII&q=pornography&btnG=BUTTON&as_sdt=1%2C5&as_sdtp=

> Several people can't see this in the wallpaper, what most of us are able
> to notice is a girlie pose, are girlie closes, IOW a little bit of
> coquetting. Well, she's a virtual pop singer and not the pope.

Started from:
http://lists.linuxaudio.org/pipermail/linux-audio-user/2013-February/090155.html
and
http://lists.linuxaudio.org/pipermail/linux-audio-user/2013-February/090188.html

i.e.
http://kxstudio.sourceforge.net/tmp/scr124thumb.png

But this is where the petrol was thrown on the fire:
http://lists.linuxaudio.org/pipermail/linux-audio-user/2013-February/090238.html

> Nobody, but the original poster (and IIRC a girlfriend of him) are able
> to see "dirt", "unethically things" such as pedo-porn and sexism.
>
> The OP was swearing and does post this using a pseudonym, not a real
> full name. I don't have a problem with this, it's just strange that we
> are the abnormal and he should be 100% right.
[...]
> Btw. children and women are more safe among adult musicians who even
> like manga porn, than among members of the catholic church. Talking
> about moral and living an ethic live are two different things.

Ouch!

oppressing." --- Malcolm X