News about systemd

Andrei POPESCU andreimpopescu at gmail.com
Sun Jun 8 08:50:06 UTC 2014

On Sb, 07 iun 14, 14:17:01, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> https://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-general/2014-June/036488.html
> https://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-general/2014-June/036489.html
> https://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-general/2014-June/036490.html
>
> I guess it's not a bug, it's a policy. The policy to force users to go
> the systemd girls and boys way or not to use Linux anymore. What next?

Sorry, but you have no sympathy from me. As far as I'm concerned local
time as reference time should die a painful death.

I'm probably also influenced by the fact that I work for an airline and
we use UTC a lot. Just imagine how aircraft movement messages in local
time would work.

Also, if you are going to run some custom stuff at least make sure you
keep it up to date with latest practices. ntpdate has been deprecated
for quite some time now.

Kind regards,
Andrei