Abusive, Insulting and Off Topic e-mails do not belong on debian-user or any other Debian Mailing list.

Andrei POPESCU andreimpopescu at gmail.com
Sun Jun 8 16:12:34 UTC 2014

Most of what Don wrote also applies to the -offtopic list, with
following comments:

On Sb, 07 iun 14, 17:58:08, Don Armstrong wrote:

> In the past few days, there have been many insulting, abusive and off
> topic messages sent to this mailing list.
>
> This is not acceptable, and conflicts with both our code of conduct[1],
> and the mailing list specific code of conduct[2].
>
> In particularly egregious or continuing cases of violation, the ability
> of specific individuals to post to debian-user (and other Debian mailing
> lists) will be restricted.[3]
>
> While I personally am subscribed to debian-user, I cannot possibly read
> every single message which is posted here (or in the dozens of other
> mailing lists that Debian has).

-offtopic is (still) low volume, and at least for the moment I do read
everything, though not as often as my personal inbox.

Please use andreimpopescu at gmail.com for the -offtopic list.

> As a final note, someone being disrespectful or abusive does not give
> others the right to be abusive back to them. Assume good faith; they may
> not know what they are doing.
>

> 1: https://www.debian.org/code_of_conduct
> 3: The individual will be informed, and Debian Developers will also be
> informed when this occurs.

I keep Holger Levsen informed (Debian Member and owner of the Debian
Community project on alioth.debian.org).

Kind regards,
Andrei