[Fwd: Re: A loser at ATT]

Andrei POPESCU andreimpopescu at gmail.com
Sun Jun 8 22:09:38 UTC 2014

On Du, 08 iun 14, 23:22:20, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> Andrei, you are often online and reading the mails, could you please
> verify, if we reply to Holger or to somebody wo fakes to be Holger? At
> least holger at layer-acht.org > http://layer-acht.org/ seems to be an
> evidence that Holger seemingly is Holger and not a fake.

Come on guys, this is silly... but then again it's the -offtopic list,
so here goes:

As you might have noticed, his mails are signed. Even if you haven't
exchanged signatures (assuming you trust your Debian system) install the
debian-keyring package and run this:

$ gpg --no-default-keyring --keyring /usr/share/keyrings/debian-keyring.gpg  --fingerprint 069AAA1C
pub   4096R/069AAA1C 2010-08-07 [expires: 2020-08-04]
      Key fingerprint = B8BF 5413 7B09 D35C F026  FE9D 091A B856 069A AA1C
uid                  Holger Levsen <holger at layer-acht.org>
uid                  Holger Levsen <holger at debian.org>
uid                  Holger Levsen <info at holgerlevsen.de>
sub   4096R/E93FEF68 2010-08-07 [expires: 2020-08-04]

Have your e-mail client check the signature is valid and compare
fingerprints with the above and you can see the key used for signing
those e-mails is the same as in the Debian keyring.

Yes, I'm aware this is not the same as exchanging fingerprints in
person, but at least you can be quite sure you've been talking to one of
the approximately 1000 people with root rights on your system :p

Kind regards,
Andrei