Ban me

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Mon Jun 16 03:38:00 UTC 2014

On Mon, 2014-06-16 at 12:39 +1000, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
> the more we "depend" on statutes, the more we are bound by things
> artificial

> Degredation of common sense, I say.

And in addition, datura is a plant that is illegal in some countries,
where industrial pollution and/or weapons made to kill humans are
allowed.

It's possible to use datura as a drug, but nearly nobody does use it. It
takes hours to cook up the seeds and it has got a less good effect to
side-effect ratio.

In some countries it's just important to forbid nature because nature is
dangerous and to allow good artificial things like thermonuclear weapons
and pump gun or industrial pollution.

Degeneration!

OTOH something like Linux, open source, is given by nature. Evolution
does work like this, we cannot control evolution. The computer ideas of
Apple and Microsoft, making money, not sharing knowledge and monopolies
are dead births.

However, some want to organize Linux communities in the same way our
societies are organized, they need to have rules, laws and commandments,
they need guilty ones. Freedom seems to be disgusting to them, they want
freedom with rules, laws and commandments, but not real freedom.