systemd (was ... Re: Article on swift, responsive computers)

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Tue Jun 17 09:21:35 UTC 2014

On Tue, 2014-06-17 at 15:00 +1000, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
> On 6/17/14, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:
>
> > Don, don't forget to sent a copy to the list admin, TIA.
>
> Is there a COC against inciting moderation?
>
> :)
>
> If not, let's insist on it, so we can have some _real_ fun,

During the (transmission *lol* should be) transition to systemd the Arch
general mailing list was moderated.

Nobody is willing to do it, those who are willing to do it are people
who will make dubious decision, on the Arch general mailing list even
the questions of experienced Linux users often were rejected
"conclusively justified" with "a not smart enough question", "issue
isn't caused by Arch, report it to upstream".

The moderators need a sleep, have to work and eat and sometimes they go
to the toilette, so mails could come through or you receive the reply
why the mail is rejected with several hours of delay.

It's a job for people suffering from querulous paranoia, who check the
email addresses and reinterpret the CoC.

freedbms.net
    ^^^^ BDSM, the typos won't protect you from being banned.

alice-dsl.net
^^^^^ Lewis Carroll's story about drug abuse, not to mention the kind of
photography he made.

lists.alioth.debian.org
    ^^ SA a paramilitary branch