[Da-tools-discuss] Configuring the host to pull data from

Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt marc at marcbrockschmidt.de
Thu Dec 27 08:36:30 UTC 2007

Heya,

One of the things I always found to be annoying in ud-ldap is that the
host data is pulled from is hardcoded into ud-replicate. Changing that
is not totally trivial, as ud-replicate is a shell script, while the
configuration is in a python-like format. I see three ways to handle
this:

 (i) Put a new value SyncHost (or something like that) into the
  configuration, then use this to get it:
  python -c 'from userdir_ldap import ConfModule; print ConfModule.synchost'
 (ii) Create /etc/default/userdir-ldap (in a shell-readable format) and
  store the information there.
 (iii) Rewrite ud-replicate in python.

I hate (iii), think (i) is hackish and am not happy about (ii), so
perhaps someone else has an opinion?

Marc
--
Fachbegriffe der Informatik - Einfach erklärt
117: Las Vegas