[Daca-devel] cppcheck inline suppressing?

Raphael Geissert geissert at debian.org
Fri Sep 16 22:29:43 UTC 2011

Hi Peter,

[many months later... please accept my apologies]

On Monday 10 January 2011 09:46:18 Peter Pentchev wrote:
> What do you think about the attached patch that would allow DACA to
> not report cppcheck messages that have been explicitly suppressed by
> either the upstream author or the Debian maintainer?  There are several
> such cases in the packages I maintain - some of them are false positives
> that I intend to report to the cppcheck author, but it would be nice to
> be able to let DACA know that I'm aware of those and they are not really
> much of a problem :)

I'm not personally convinced that enabling --inline-suppr is the right way to
proceed.

Back when you sent the email I briefly talked to Daniel (original upstream dev)
about including suppressed messages in the xml output (<error suppressed=true
...>) and he was in general okay with the idea. The proposal never made its
way into a ticket and then I disappeared. I haven't checked the latest
developments, but I guess nobody has written the necessary code.

I'm willing to enable inline suppressions as long as they are included in the
xml output.

Cheers,
--
Raphael Geissert - Debian Developer