[Daca-general] Status of DACA

Raphael Geissert geissert at debian.org
Sun Mar 17 17:58:08 UTC 2013

Hi Carlos,

[Explicit CC as I guess you are not subscribed]

On Monday 11 March 2013 15:35:27 Carlos Alberto Lopez Perez wrote:
> Shouldn't this service be running automatically each time a new version
> of a package enters into sid? Is there a problem with the infrastructure
> or something like that?

Yes and yes :)
What's currently visible at qa.d.o/daca/ is generated by a very simple and
non-scalable infrastructure. The scripts that generate the reports are
slightly more scalable but not much more.
So the result has been that I've not re-started the scripts for a couple of
years now and I've only re-used part of the DACA infrastructure to find and
report bashisms [1].

The results of the new checkbashisms runs still exist and could be fed to
the part of DACA that generates the web reports, but it could very well end
up causing an inode shortage on the machine due to its non-scalable design

If you are interested in the project, feel free to subscribe to the mailing
list(s) and contribute in whatever way you want. For future development the
existing code should most likely be considered as non-existent. I've also
just sent another email with more details and some brain food:

Feel free to join the discussion.

[1] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?users=debian-
release at lists.debian.org&tag=goal-dash

Raphael Geissert - Debian Developer