[Daca-general] scan-build and metrics gsoc proposals and DACA

Michael Tautschnig mt at debian.org
Fri Mar 29 14:25:14 UTC 2013

> Hi,
>
> On 18 March 2013 15:20, Michael Tautschnig <mt at debian.org> wrote:
> > Please do get in touch if you're interested in a single script where you could
> > essentially just put spatch or whatever other tool that supposedly acts whenever
> > gcc is supposed to be called with zero effort. It does all the work from setting
> > up a chroot to running on all present Debian packages in the suite of your
> > choice. This might save the student wading all the technical nasty bits to go
> > straight for the interesting (== Coccinelle) part. Yet this script also has one
> > shortcoming: it's not flexible, as you say below:
>
> I have a similar script that I wrote in order to run smatch (yeah, the
> tool designed with the kernel code in mind :)
> And a similar one for cppcheck (based on the actual compile-time
> libraries and defines).
>
> They are all WIP, but I should probably put them somewhere so that
> other people can re-use them if they want.

Stefano and I had a brief private conversation, but actually there isn't really
anything private in my scripts, so I should probably share this with everyone:

https://github.com/tautschnig/cprover-debian

I'd be grateful for any kind of patches, feedback, etc. even though these aren't
that elaborate in any way.

Best,
Michael