[Dbconfig-common-devel] dbconfig-common and wordpress

sean finney seanius at debian.org
Sun Aug 7 01:06:34 UTC 2005

hi kai,

On Sat, Aug 06, 2005 at 03:14:50PM +1000, Kai Hendry wrote:
> I added the config file:
> http://trac.natalian.org/changeset/1539
>
> But still dpkg-reconfigure wordpress doesn't bring up anything. I
> previously messed about with dbconfig-common. I don't why it thinks
> there is a /etc/dbconfig-common/wordpress.conf because I deleted and
> purged it!

i think you might have done something funny like remove the file but
leave the package installed.  you really don't want to remove those
config files, though debian policy says you must be able to remove
them and have them kept removed, which is why i think you're seeing
such strange behaviour.  try purging the wordpress package and
reinstalling it.

> The quick and dirty dev guide should provide information about this
> "config" file. I wish the guides where in plain ASCII text, not HTML. :)

i've been thinking about moving the docs into debiandoc format, but
haven't had the time.

> I hope I can generate a file for the package to use like so:
>
> bible:504$ cat /etc/wordpress/config-wp.dabase.com.php
> <?php
>
> define('DB_NAME', 'wordpress');
> define('DB_USER', 'wordpress');
> define('DB_PASSWORD', 'NlnwntpelhjSGiOv');
> define('DB_HOST', 'localhost');
>
> $table_prefix  = 'wp_';
>
> $server = DB_HOST;
> $loginsql = DB_USER;
> $passsql = DB_PASSWORD;
> $base = DB_NAME;
> ?>

currently, dbconfig-generate-include can do something similar to this
(generating $variable="value" settings), but it doesn't do the
stuff with defines, and you would need to put the table_prefix
variable in another config file (perhaps the one that includes
this file).

*however*, it wouldn't be too hard to provide a new 'template'
output option that did some simple substitutions on a cmdline-provided
template file, which would be fairly flexible.

	sean