[Dbconfig-common-devel] Re: dbconfig-common Problems

Andreas Tille tillea at rki.de
Wed Aug 10 14:25:05 UTC 2005

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 28, 2005 at 09:27:25AM +0200, RKI Andreas wrote:
>
>> In the gnumed setup there will be no local system user for the database
>> users and thus I can not use ident method but always have to use password
>> authentication.
> Wrong. This does the trick just fine for me:
>
> pg_hba.conf:
> ============
> # allow some people to impersonate "postgres" when connecting to template1
> local   template1   postgres                                        ident postgres-alikes
> # allow real "postgres" to connect to all databases
> local   all         postgres                                        ident sameuser
>
> # allow some people to impersonate "gm-dbo"
> local   template1   gm-dbo                                          ident gm-dbo-alikes
> local   gnumed_v1   gm-dbo                                          ident gm-dbo-alikes
>
> # allow anyone knowing the password to connect as any-doc but
> # don't let other people spy on the password
> local   gnumed_v1   any-doc                                         md5
>
> pg_ident.conf:
> ==============
> # MAPNAME     IDENT-USERNAME    PG-USERNAME
> gm-dbo-alikes ncq               gm-dbo
>
> postgres-alikes postgres        postgres
> postgres-alikes ncq             postgres
So we have to face a case in which it is necessary to change PostgreSQL configuration
to enable dbconfig-common to do its job.  My proposal is the following:

   Q: Should dbconfig-common change PostgreSQL configuration and restart
      the PostgreSQL server?

   A: No.
           -> Do nothing.
      Yes.
           -> Call
           /usr/share/dbconfig-common/data/${pkgname}-pg_changeconfig.sh {change,revert}
           /etc/init.d/postgresql restart

What do you think about this?

Kind regards

        Andreas.