[Dbconfig-common-devel] oracle support for dbconfig-common.

sean finney seanius at debian.org
Fri Dec 30 04:58:10 UTC 2005

hey miguel,

On Thu, Dec 29, 2005 at 11:20:30PM +0100, Miguel Gea Milvaques wrote:
> - At this moment, I have a experimental version to add oracle support to
> dbconfig-common. It's *not*  ready to release it yet, but I think it

very cool.

> must to be added to the CVS. It need a lot of testing before release,
> and it's a *slow* work, oracle is a slow database
> creating/droping/dumping databases, I need 10/12 minutes for each test.

eeks.  that must really make debugging a pain.

> - I supose I must not to incude all changes in actual cvs branch because
> I repeat, is very experimental. Maybe it could be a good idea to create
> a experimental branch?

sounds good to me.  feel free to branch off of the current HEAD tree,
as i don't have any major uncommitted changes.  or do i need to
set it up?

> - On other hand, I've added debconf templates, that it will be
> interesting you read them and revise it (my english is not the best...).
> They are not stable enought to send to translators.

sure thing.  either send them to me privately or commit them in the
branch and i'll take a look when you've done so.

> - I've added to a dh_make templates set to create a new package from
> them. This part could be to "stable" release.

i'm curious... what does this do?

> PD: Merry Christmas and a happy new year!!

likewise, though i guess it's a little late for one of the two :)

	sean