[Dbconfig-common-devel] Re: problems converting a package to dbconfig-common

Torsten Werner mail.twerner at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 2 10:30:56 UTC 2006

Hi Sean,

On 8/2/06, sean finney <seanius at debian.org> wrote:
> having spent the better part of an afternoon hacking on it, i've
> found and fixed a pretty stupid bug in the dbconfig-load-include
> script, as well as a few other things here and there.  i've also
> created a new example package db-test-pgsql-migration which
> helped quite a bit in narrowing down the problem.
>
> could you try the latest version of the 1.8.18 packages at:

Yes the upgrade from an older version of the package does indeed work
now! Thank you.

But the initial creation of a new database is still broken. The user
and database is created successfully but the tables are not created
with ident auth. I am asked for the password of the otrs user. The
installation succeeds when I copy the randomly generated password from
/etc/dbconfig-common/otrs2.conf to the password prompt. Can you fix
that too, please?

Regards,
Torsten

--