[Dbconfig-common-devel] Re: problems converting a package to dbconfig-common

sean finney seanius at seanius.net
Wed Aug 2 20:56:03 UTC 2006

hey torsten,

On Wed, Aug 02, 2006 at 09:56:23PM +0200, Torsten Werner wrote:
> On 8/2/06, sean finney <seanius at seanius.net> wrote:
> >- using the latest dbconfig package and your otrs2 package, the
> >  installation succeeds on my system.
>
> I have purged both otrs and postgresql-8.1 and reinstalled them. But
> the result is the same. I am attaching a part of the log. What I see
> is '-h localhost' at the last command (populating the database).
>
> It seems to ignore $PGPASSFILE but why? The file looks correct and is
> readable by the otrs user.

hrm...  just a shot in the dark here:  what are you using for /bin/sh?
i see a bunch of -e and -ne at the beginnings of each line, which should
have been interpreted by echo, so maybe you're using something like dash?
maybe this has something to do with the problem?

otherwise, i'm not sure why PGPASSFILE is being ignored.  i'll set up a
sid chroot with the latest version of 8.1 to see if i can replicate
it in the meantime.

	sean