[Dbconfig-common-devel] Re: problems converting a package to dbconfig-common

sean finney seanius at seanius.net
Thu Aug 3 21:27:03 UTC 2006

hey torsten,

On Thu, Aug 03, 2006 at 10:36:27AM +0200, Torsten Werner wrote:
> Yes I am using dash. You should probably use a #!/bin/bash shebang in
> your scripts.

i was hoping that my scripts would work in other sh's than bash, and
did my best to refrain from typical bashisms.  i guess with echo
it's really harmless, though i could use /bin/echo as an alternative.
the only other non POSIX feature i know of in my scripts is use
of "local", which is supported by most genuinely useful /bin/sh
replacements including dash.

> >maybe this has something to do with the problem?
>
> No.

so was the problem that you had an old libpq4 from postgres 8.0?
just to make sure.  afaict there is no problem in a pure sid
environment, so i just want to be sure.

	sean