[Dbconfig-common-devel] Re: perl config script and dbconfig-common

Matt Brown debian at mattb.net.nz
Sun Aug 27 11:46:29 UTC 2006

sean finney wrote:

> *ought* to work, of course with some extra error checking etc.  my
> concern is that debconf will freak out because the subshell doesn't have
> control of the terminal, but there's only one way to find out :)

debconf did seem to be getting confused, the dbconfig-common questions
were being displayed appropriately, but retrieving values after that
point was a bit haphazard.

I didn't spend much time trying to debug it, as I found that the debconf
manpage has an example state machine in bash to support allowing the
user to back up through the questions, this was the main reason that the
config file was still in perl...

Maybe one day when I have more time to play I'll come back and see if I
can make it work properly with perl, just for fun! :P

--
Matt Brown
matt at mattb.net.nz
Mob +64 21 611 544 www.mattb.net.nz