[Dctrl-tools-devel] initial thoughts
jbernard at debian.org
Thu Nov 8 03:02:02 UTC 2007
After looking at the BTS and inspecting the package a bit, here are my
1. First, how come all archs are at version 2.12 except sparc, hppa,
and arm? I didn't see any FTBFS bugs, are they just waiting to be
built or is there some other reason?
2. #440348 is marked done, should that be closed? Or is that
pending testing or inclusion into all archs, or something else?
3. I think a good place to start would be updating/maintaining the
debian/ directory. That will allow me to get a good handle on how
things are built and how everything works.
4. There definitely needs to be a tutorial of some sort. The man pages
are thorough, but a bit confusing to a user who has never used
grep-dctrl before and just wants a quick do-this-to-make-it-work
example (or I'm just an idiot, that possibity always exists). I think a
tutorial and manpage updates would be time well spent, and it would knock
out a few wishlist bugs at the same time.
5. At that point I'll reevaluate where everything stands and what
issues are most important. I don't want to get too far ahead of
Antti, what are your thoughts here, does this sound like a reasonable
initial roadmap? Let me know if I'm missing anything, or time would be
better spent in other areas.
More information about the Dctrl-tools-devel