[Dctrl-tools-devel] String freeze schedule?

David Prévot david at tilapin.org
Wed Dec 7 16:53:38 UTC 2011

Le 07/12/2011 12:27, Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho a écrit :
> On Wed, Dec 07, 2011 at 10:25:16AM -0400, David Prévot wrote:
>> If it's OK with you, I'm pretty sure that most translators prefer to
>> have a chance to keep their translations up to date

> All right.  Let's get 2.20.x up to shape first:
>
>  1) I created a new branch maint-2.20 and regenerated
>     all the po files there.  It shall be considered to be
>     in string freeze.

Great, I'll update today the grep-dctrl(1) man page accordingly (it
ships many runtime messages in e.g. the DIAGNOSTICS section). About the
manpages (and their translations), is it OK to continue working on them
on master (and I'll cherry pick the needed changes in maint-2.20), do
you prefer me to work the other way around (work in maint-2.20 and
rebase the changes on master later), or something else?

>  2) Please call for translations based on the strings
>     and translation status in maint-2.20.

Will take care of it within an hour or so, thanks.

>  4) I will make an upload based on maint-2.20 after
>     Sunday, 18 December 12:00 UTC.

Great, I may ask for translation one or two day before this deadline
(some translators are always a bit late ;-).

> (Any code changes that change strings shall be made on master, not on
> maint-2.20.)
>
> Is that ok?

Very good, thanks a lot for this proposed working scheme.

Regards

David