[Dctrl-tools-devel] Missing a few strings to translate [Was: String freeze schedule?]

David Prévot david at tilapin.org
Thu Dec 8 01:16:51 UTC 2011

Hi Antti-Juhani,

Le 07/12/2011 12:27, Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho a écrit :
>  2) Please call for translations based on the strings
>     and translation status in maint-2.20.

Done (but you already know that since you should have received a call
for update).

There is still a localization issue at the end of the help list:

-----------8<-------------

$ grep-dctrl --help

[…correctly localized strings…]

  -?, --help                 Give this help list
      --usage                Give a short usage message
  -V, --version              Print program version

Mandatory or optional arguments to long options are also mandatory or
optional for any corresponding short options.

Report bugs to dctrl-tools developers
<dctrl-tools-devel at lists.alioth.debian.org>.

-----------8<-------------

Those strings doesn't seems to come from the package directly, do you
know where they come from? I'm a bit clueless to understand to
understand the build precess, so any pointer or advice would be welcome.

gnulib [0] seems to ship those strings (well, except the case to be
honest, e.g. “give this help list”). The Debian gnulib package doesn't
seem to ship the official translations, but I'm not sure those strings
really come from there. cpio and eglibc Debian packages also ship those
strings (where they used to be correctly translated)…

	0: http://translationproject.org/domain/gnulib.html

Regards

David