[Dctrl-tools-devel] dctrl-tools 2.20.1: Please update the PO translation for the package dctrl-tools

David Prévot taffit at debian.org
Thu Dec 8 13:32:51 UTC 2011

Hi,

Le 08/12/2011 09:11, Jeff Bailes a écrit :
> On 8 December 2011 21:35, Justin B Rye <jbr at edlug.org.uk> wrote:
>> Christian PERRIER wrote:
>>> Quoting David Prévot (taffit at debian.org):

>>> Hmmm, is there a point of having a en_UK "translation"? I haven't
>>> checked in deep but are we at least sure that the original is
>>> "american" enough for mandating a translation for British English?

I was wondering the same thing. I also wondered if it is worth to ditch
it since someone actually did the work (and just provided an update).

>> I see one s/license/licence/, one s/tabularize/tabularise/... I can't
>> believe those are going to present much of a language barrier, and as
>> far as I can see, all of the fuzziness could be fixed by using the
>> en_US original as the en_UK version too.
>>
>> Meanwhile I see a couple of lines that are wrong in the original:
>>  "Do no output to stdout." - s/no/not/
>>  "syntax error: need a executable name" - s/a /an /

Thanks a lot Justin, that's a very good consequence of asking for
translation on this list ;-). I'll take care of the fix and the trivial
unfuzzy before the upload.

>   The only reason I can gather for why my name is on the translation
> is because I did some translating for Ubuntu many a year ago.  The
> reason I do translations is to avoid having to cringe at spelling
> mistakes when using my computer.  That being said, I don't use debian
> based systems any more and thus this translation doesn't affect me so
> I'll leave you guys to decide its future.  I have attached the updated
> translation in case you decide to keep it.

Thanks Jeff, I've CCed the dctrl-tools devel list, in case someone has a
strong opinion about it.

Regards

David