More Tags

Erich Schubert erich@debian.org
Tue, 6 May 2003 23:46:47 +0200

I've started adding a couple of these things, but it's a bit too much
for me right now. I'd like to do the other reorganization first.
I like the "programming paradigm" tags you suggested a lot.

> Lastly, I'm wondering: has anyone looked at the categories on
> freshmeat.net? They've got a _great_ ontology (hey, bet you didn't
> know you were making an ontology, didja?), and it'd probably be a good
> idea (and save some heartache) to synch up with their categories. It
> might even be possible to do some automated tagging, matching source
> packages to freshmeat packages.

I have been keeping a copy of freshmeat's "trove" categories for over a
year on my disk. But my experiences with it (it's used by freshmeat,
sourceforge, gnome applist etc.) were of a mixed nature. I found them
quite bad balanced by then.
Of course matching the packages would be helpful. More work to have less
work ;)

Greetings,
Erich Schubert
--=20
   erich@(vitavonni.de|debian.org)    --    GPG Key ID: 4B3A135C    (o_
          There are only 10 types of people in the world:           //\
          Those who understand binary and those who don't           V_/_
   Jede Frau erwartet von einem Mann, dass er h=E4lt, was sie sich
                         von ihm verspricht.