Packagebrowser mis-usage

Erich Schubert erich.schubert@mucl.de
Sat, 24 May 2003 13:25:33 +0200

Hi,

It seems the current web-packagebrowser interface is too difficult for
people to understand... Looking at some recent diffs (extract):

< x-window-system: special::meta, x11, x11::base
< x-window-system-core: special::meta
> x-window-system: 3d, special::meta, x11, x11::base
> x-window-system-core: admin, hardware, powerman, powerman::acpi, specia=
l::meta

< yydecode: not-yet-tagged, not-yet-tagged-y
> yydecode: application, browser, not-yet-tagged, not-yet-tagged-y

< vrms: admin
> vrms: admin, file-formats, sound, sound::xmms-plugins

< winbind: not-yet-tagged, not-yet-tagged-w
> winbind: admin, application, file-distribution, filesystem, not-yet-tag=
ged, not-yet-tagged-w, system, user-management, util

< ttf-xtt-wadalab-gothic: data, fonts, i18n, i18n::asian
> ttf-xtt-wadalab-gothic: data, i18n, i18n::asian

< ttf2pt1: data, fonts
> ttf2pt1: data, fonts, x11

< sniffit: net, netcomm
> sniffit: application, games, games::strategy, net, netcomm

< sawfish-xmms: application, file-formats, sound, sound::player, sound::x=
mms-plugins, util, x11, x11::window-manager
> sawfish-xmms: admin, application, file-formats, monitoring, sound, soun=
d::player, sound::xmms-plugins, system, util, x11, x11::window-manager

< routed: net, net::routing, netcomm
> routed: application, games, games::simulation, net, net::routing, netco=
mm

< pspp: mathematics, science
> pspp: biology, mathematics, science

< defrag: admin
> defrag: 3d, admin

There are almost as many tags mis-added as there are added correctly
right now. :-( I'm kind of "annoyed" by that.

Greetings,
Erich Schubert
--=20
    erich@(vitavonni.de|debian.org)    --    GPG Key ID: 4B3A135C     (o_
   To understand recursion you first need to understand recursion.    //\
 Jemanden zu lieben hei=DFt gl=FCcklich zu sein, ihn gl=FCcklich zu sehen=
.  V_/_