Debtags Library

Enrico Zini zinie@cs.unibo.it
Thu, 1 Jul 2004 22:12:35 +0200

--A6N2fC+uXW/VQSAv

On Wed, Jun 09, 2004 at 06:41:39PM +0200, Benjamin Mesing wrote:

>       * I really like the getState() function in PackageDB it frees me
>         of looking where to get this information! Perhaps the return
>         could be casted to an enum which descripes what each state means
>         (i.e. enum State { INSTALLED, NOT_INSTALLED,
>         RESIDENT_CONFIGURATION... }

> Btw. is there any way to do an anonymous checkout of the libdebtags? I d
> not know subversion at all.

# To look around:
svn ls svn://alioth.debian.org/deb-usability/

# To check out the head:
svn checkout svn://alioth.debian.org/deb-usability/libdebtags/trunk

# To check out a specific version:
svn ls svn://alioth.debian.org/deb-usability/libdebtags/tags/
svn checkout svn://alioth.debian.org/deb-usability/libdebtags/tags/libdebtags-0.7/

subversion is exactly like CVS, but radically better! :)

One of the few differences is that there are no special ways to do tags
and branches, but you just do a copy (svn copy) of the whole (or part of
the) tree elsewhere.  By convention, these directories are set up:

 <rep>/trunk   (like CVS HEAD)
 <rep>/tags	(like the CVS tags)
 <rep>/branches	(branches)

If instead you have an alioth account, you do:

 svn <command> svn+ssh://alioth.debian.org/svn/deb-usability/<etc...>

Do you have an alioth account?  I'd like to add you to the project...

Ciao,

Enrico

--A6N2fC+uXW/VQSAv

--A6N2fC+uXW/VQSAv--