New debtags suite just uploaded

Enrico Zini zinie@cs.unibo.it
Thu, 1 Jul 2004 22:20:34 +0200

--4ZLFUWh1odzi/v6L

On Thu, Jul 01, 2004 at 12:31:42PM +0200, Herv=E9 Eychenne wrote:

> Do you have a separate web repository where you store these .deb ?
> I'm using sarge, and it would be much easier for me to test these,
> instead of waiting for the upload (to unstable), track newer versions
> and dependencies by hand...

I'd have the one in people.d.o, but the process of uploading packages is
not yet automated and it's very time consuming for me, so I basically
stopped using it.

I'd like to setup something better in my home server, together with a
redesign of my uberoutdated home page, but it's all still in the works
(maybe updating my home server to sarge may help).

> Moreover, I sent you an email (private) some days ago, that I had no ack
> for... I thought that these new versions might address the problem I
> reported, but it's not the case. :-( So here it is again:
> Exception was: PackageDBException: Unable to locate package
> "3270-common".
> Aborted
> It's very probably because I'm using sarge and 3270-common is a
> package that belongs to unstable only.
> Can you do something about this bug (sarge users may one day want to
> use debtags-edit also, right?), please?

With the new debtags (0.18), such packages are removed from the database
when you do debtags update.  The library still probably need a fix, but
at least right after "debtags update" everything should work fine.

Ciao,

Enrico

--4ZLFUWh1odzi/v6L

--4ZLFUWh1odzi/v6L--