Where to send tag patches?

Enrico Zini zinie@cs.unibo.it
Fri, 21 May 2004 00:37:36 -0300

--T4sUOijqQbZv57TR

On Wed, May 19, 2004 at 02:15:19PM +0200, Erich Schubert wrote:

> > My first idea is to send an e-mail with the tag patch to some e-mail
> > address we can set up.  Would it work?
> I'm pretty sure i can set this up at "debtags@vitavonni.de".
> The most difficult part will be writing a perl script which is able to
> cope with all the different attachment types possible. ;-)

That can be worked on: since I want to implement a "send" function in
the program, I get to decide on the attachment type.

Would this be allright?

Ignore beginning
============  (sequence of 2 or plus '=')
<tag patch>
============  (sequence of 2 or plus '=')
Ignore end

You could setup debtags-edit@vitavonni.de, to be used only for
debtags-edit special sends.  If/when you do it, please drop me a note
and I can start sending you test e-mails.

> Sorry, i havn't had time to look at your new app yet. And while writing
> this email, i don't have a net connection.

Don't worry.

A new version is in:
  http://zini.ddts.net/enrico/store/debtags-edit-0.1b.tar.gz

It's the first candidate release for unstable.  The missing feature is
just mailing the changes, and I'm considering releasing without.

It does cool things, and the search code has been organized as a cool
library which merges apt-cache and debtags searches together.  My plans
are to split that library into a libdebtags pretty soon.

That debtags-edit requires a newer libtagcoll, which I'm uploading now
to unstable.

Ciao,

Enrico

--T4sUOijqQbZv57TR