[Debburn-devel] PLEXTOR DVDR PX-708A not properly recognised

Eduard Bloch edi at gmx.de
Fri Nov 24 23:27:57 CET 2006

#include <hallo.h>
* Nenad ANTONIC [Fri, Nov 24 2006, 12:51:44PM]:
> Hello!
>
> I have the latest wodim form debian testing (5:1.0~pre4-1.1), as well
> as the rest of

It is not the latest, it is many weeks old. I suggest using the latest
(pre5) or the one from unstable (5:1.0-1).

> cdrkit. I am trying to use the above Plextor DVD+/- writer to write DVD+R
> media
> (I used to do that with cdrecord ProDVD :-)
>
> With CD media I have no problems. Usually I use xcdroast, but I had no luck
> with
> command-line wodim usage.
>
> I shall be happy to run some tests in order to get the problem fixed.

Ok. Please start the script program and make the following things
therein. When done, exit that shell, send the typescript. Maybe
compression with gzip, if appropriate.

wodim -vvv -checkdrive
wodim -vvv -VVV -checkdrive

su -

wodim -vvv -checkdrive
wodim -vvv -VVV -checkdrive

Then try to burn a small image with that options, eg.

wodim -vvv -VVV -pad tsize=1 /dev/zero

Eduard.